Southcrete™ Masonry Cleaner & Efflorescence Remover
SOLD PER BOX 4 UNITS
- Synthetic Acid Formula
- Removes Efflorescence
- Non-Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulated
- No Neutralizing Step
- Stronger Than Muriatic Acid
- Eliminates Mineral Stains
- Easy To Use
- Not for use on polished surfaces.
- Not for use in corrosive or chemical environments.
- Not for use in areas subject to intense heat.
- Not for use on below-grade substrates.
Protect people, vehicles, property, metal, painted surfaces, plants, and other non-masonry materials from product, rinse, splash, residue, wind drift, and fumes. Polyethylene plastic and masking tape create an effective barrier. Nearby plants and other foliage should be covered during application and removal.
MASONRY AND CONCRETE
New cementitious substrates — allow a minimum of thirty (3) to forty-five (45) days to properly dry/cure, in accordance with industry standards. Remove contaminants, such as heavy dirt, oils, grease, wax, and embedded chemicals with SGM Oil and Grease Remover.
Surface areas affected by mildew should be treated with a commercial mildew removal and/or cleaner product carefully following the manufacturer’s application and safety directions. Rinse thoroughly with clean water and allow a minimum of 24 hours to dry thoroughly.
If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how you can protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-5323 (1-800-424-LEAD), or log onto www.epa.gov/lead.
RECOMMENDED DILUTION RATIOS
The following are recommended dilution ratios for various cleaning projects and jobs.
- Concrete Stripping: Dilute 1:1 with water.
- Heavy-Duty Cleaning: Dilute 3:1 with water.
- General Cleaning: Dilute 8:1 with water.
- Light-Duty Cleaning: Dilute 10:1 with water.
Southcrete™ Cleaner and Efflorescence Remover may be easily applied with a quality sponge, brush, roller, mop, or low-pressure pump up spray as follows: Stir or mix thoroughly before application. Based on the type of cleaning project or job, dilute product with water in accordance with recommended dilution ratios. Always pour the cleaner into a bucket of water.
- Sponge/Brush Applications: When applying by sponge or scrub brush, apply a generous amount of Southcrete™ Cleaner and Efflorescence Remover to the surface area to be cleaned, agitate area with sponge or scrub brush, and rinse well with water and allow to dry.
- Mop/Broom Application: When applying by mop or bristle broom scrub brush, apply a generous amount of Southcrete™ Cleaner and Efflorescence Remover to the surface area to be cleaned, agitate the area thoroughly, then rinse well with water and allow to dry.
- Spray Application: When applying by spray equipment, use a low-pressure pump-up sprayer and spray apply a generous amount of Southcrete™ Cleaner and Efflorescence Remover to the surface area to be cleaned, then agitate the surface area as described above with a sponge, scrub brush, mop, broom, et cetera. Rinse thoroughly with water and allow it to dry. Rough or textured surfaces may need multiple applications to sufficiently remove contaminates.
Apply using a quality sponge, or combination nylon/polyester bristle scrub brush. Apply using a quality mop or a combination nylon/polyester bristle broom scrub mop.
- Spray Application: Low-pressure hand pump-up sprayer.
Cleans 35—400 square feet per diluted gallon.
Clean up any minor spills and spatters immediately with water, as well as all cleaning tools and equipment.
Thin or dilute according to the above recommendations.
Up to one (1) year unopened in a properly stored container.
PRECAUTIONARY AND SAFETY INFORMATION
Avoid prolonged contact with skin, and breathing of dust, vapors and/or spray mists. May cause eye irritation. USE WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. Ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye water, headache, or dizziness, or if air monitoring demonstrates vapor/mist levels are above applicable limits, wear an appropriately fitted NIOSH-approved respirator, during and after application. Follow the respirator manufacturer’s directions for respirator use. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Use chemical safety glasses, goggles, or a face shield for proper eye protection. Wash thoroughly after handling and before eating or smoking. Close container after each use. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. It will be slippery when wet.
In case of skin contact, wash thoroughly with plenty of warm soapy water. For eye contact, flush with plenty of water for fifteen (15) minutes and get medical attention immediately. If you experience difficulty breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical attention immediately. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting, get medical attention immediately. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Southcrete™ Masonry Cleaner and Efflorescence Remover safely and quickly cleans a variety of cementitious substrates, such as masonry, concrete, brick pavers, river rock, architectural concrete, retainer walls, et cetera, while dissolving all signs of efflorescence. This special synthetic acid formula dissolves more calcium carbonate and efflorescence than muriatic (hydrochloric) acid-based or phosphoric acid-based cleaners. This cleaner can be used to prepare stone and masonry surfaces for clear sealers, stains, or paints, or to simply restore the original beauty and natural look.